How to nail modern workwear


Every Monday morning when I'm sitting on the bed, coffee in hand and staring at the rail of clothes in front of me, I'm dismayed at how I can never choose anything to wear. In fact, in my mind I have nothing to wear. Whilst this is always a common problem for any occasion, the rules of dressing at work have changed and it's becoming harder (in my opinion) to choose the right thing.

This morning I opted for a navy pencil skirt suit and boy do I feel overdressed; in today's modern office environment, we're encouraged to be 'ourselves' (especially on a Friday) and wear what we're comfortable in - although apparently that excludes a suit and svelte tailoring. Apparently we can only be comfortable when we're in jeans, Converse and a blazer with elbow pads!

Casual Friday is the bane of my life, you might think, being a fashion blogger, that I'd relish the thought to style it up but unfortunately the office doesn't get 'fashion' and therefore I'm much more comfortable in my suit....thanks. But there are ways to have the best of both worlds!




I really do adore my cigarette trousers and nipped in Reiss blazer but I can't wear that every day and certainly not on a Friday. Some days will call for something a little more casual but also that little bit smart as well. So I hope this look gives you a bit of inspiration on what to wear on those days where the dress code is the horrid 'Smart Casual'.

In this look I've opted for some black flared jeans, importantly there are no rips and the cut is high waisted (can't be having and builders bum when reaching into the depths of the stationery cupboard).
Next up is a smart top - jeans are fine in almost any cut but the top, in my opinion, must always be smart and so I've opted for my favourite lace-detailed number from Vila. This one is always a favourite in the office and can be worn pretty much any day of the week and for any occasion!

Finally, I top the look off with a chic bag. This one from Marc B really reminds me of Dior and I love it! The camel tone means it will go with everything and it totally looks more expensive than it actually is. The perfect bag will set your office look, whether it's on a Friday or whether it's mid week, a chic and structured bag that will keep all your essentials in (lippy, lip liner, 5 pots of Vaseline, camera - in case a good Instagram opportunity arises...you know...necessities). This bag is probably my favourite addition to my wardrobe at the moment and I have had so many compliments in the office since I started using it!




Shop these amazing handbags here https://www.marcb.com/

*This post is in collaboration with Marc B


1 comment

  1. Lovely outfit, very chic ;)

    https://4highheelsfans.wordpress.com/2017/04/18/normandheels/

    ReplyDelete

© ARABELLA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig