What I'm changing in 2017


Firstly, a massive Happy New Year to you all! I hope you had a fantastic Christmas and were able to spend time with some loved ones eating and drinking wonderful things. I was so fortunate to spend a week at home with my parents and sisters and celebrate the first Christmas being a wife! (It felt really weird!); but now after such a special time I'm ready to get back to routine and settle into normality again.



As we get into 2017 there are definitely some things I want to change. I'm not really a resolution kind of person but I treat the new year as a chance to re-evaluate, mix things up if they need to or set myself new goals. As I'm a pretty healthy person anyway not much will change in the food department (although I'm trying, as always, to slowly become more and more plant based - if it wasn't for cheese and fish I could be a vegan so easily!) but I have some new goals with a couple of marathons this year and with my husband doing Norseman (one of the hardest triathlons on the planet) we're certainly upping our fitness game even more.

I also do want to work harder at my blog and Youtube. I started my channel in the Spring of 2016 as a bit of an experiment but with the wedding in the summer my weekends were definitely busy planning things and sorting out table decorations. So, with the wedding done I want to try and invest more time in my channel and blog - I've also got a number of trips planned for this year so subscribe if you love travel vlogs (think Norway, West Coast US tour, Greece etc...).


Another thing I'd like to change in 2017 is my attitude to fragrance and beauty products. Now this has already begun but it's something I have found myself really enjoying and so I'm promising myself that I'm going to get better at trying new things and saving for those special items. One thing I'm bad at is just sticking to one fragrance until it runs out then getting a new one and never really changing it up (basically it's Chanel Chance or Dior Pure Poison depending on the season). So this year I put a little Christmas money into a new scent - Armani's Si. It's so fruity and lasts all day from just one spritz. I tried it out in Boots whilst at my Mum's then unpacked my suitcase a few days later and could STILL smell it really strongly on the jumper I was wearing - and that was from just one spray!


I'm really looking forward to what the new year has to offer, hopefully buying our first home and starting (only starting) to think about what our own little family could look like (very important when choosing where to buy). 

What do you have planned for 2017? Are you making any resolutions or setting some new goals?

I'd be so happy if you checked out my Youtube channel


21 comments

  1. I'm making sure i put a lot more work and time into my blog too, lets make 2017 FAB!

    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    & Much love,
    HER FASTEST FASHION

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that perfume! Happy New Year!

    http://www.mursway.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it lovely! Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  3. I hope you can change those things, the perfume is amazing!!!

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!! Can't wait to see your future travel vlogs, just subbed.

    - Avalon from simplyavalon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year! I am always up and game for training (running), and I can remember my first holidays being married. haha... wish you all the best in 2017!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    Instagram @grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, I don't know what I planned for 2017 but I hope I'm ready for it no matter what. Here's to a good 2017, I'm so excited <3

    xx BASH   ||   HEY BASH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! Hope you have a great 2017

      Delete
  7. Good luck with your triathlon and happy 2017!

    Caitlin, Beauty & Colour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun - fortunately that's my husband (he's crazy!) but happy 2017 to you too!

      Delete
  8. great post! happy new years love
    xx
    http://thedemeler.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  9. Happy New Year! What a lovely post - I can totally relate about becoming a vegan, I just cannot give up cheese!!
    Good luck with the blog and YouTube push - I got lazy with my channel towards the end of last year so need to get back into a routine!
    XX
    www.fashionetmoi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheese is the best thing ever - I've tried diary free alternatives but they're just not the same! Thanks hun - it does take a lot of work but is so much fun isn't it? I'll check out your channel!

      Delete
  10. I am sooo in love with perfumes, I just picked up Victor & Rolf Flowerbomb and I was thinking about getting Sì but I wasn't sure now I'm definitely going to get it. Great post, it was so helpful and I just subbed to your YouTube!<3

    ReplyDelete

© ARABELLA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig