My Weekend Pamper Routine


Who doesn't love a good pamper sesh? Allowing myself more time for a pamper a couple of times a week is certainly something I have been working on doing a lot more lately. I think it comes down to taking some more time for 'me' (and no...that's not in the selfish sense) and to block out all the noise and stress of the day/week. Starting Youtube is also slowly making me a beauty expert (ehem).

I am certainly a worrier and I guess a stressy person - at work I like a bit of stress, it makes me work better and not procrastinate but I really hate (and I mean HATE) when my routine or plans get thrown out of whack. My poor husband puts up with a lot, for example, when I plan to do blog posts on Saturday and it starts raining when the forecast said it wouldn't I get so damn annoyed and feel like it's the worst thing ever. Lateness also really stresses me...not by me (I'm never late and proud of it) but when other people are - just gets me so frustrated!

Anyway I think you guys are getting the gist of my personality. Being a General Anxiety sufferer it really should be a higher priority on my list to take care of my mental wellbeing and so this year I vow to continue my quest for more pampering and time to zone out and meditate/do yoga - even if it's just 15 mins!

If there are any other stressy people out there I hope you find this pamper routine some useful inspiration for feeling more relaxed.


#1. Run a bath and cleanse

This is always the first part of my routine. Often the hubby will do it for me and fill it up with lots of bubbles and bath salts and light some candles. Sometimes I may even have a glass of prosecco (although usually this is for only when I'm really stressed).

I spend quite a bit of time exfoliating, shaving and just doing the general faff that one does i.e. cleansing and opening my pores. At the moment I am adoring The Body Shop Vanilla Chai range - it's absolutely amazing! So when i've scrubbed and buffed I'll moisturise with the Vanilla Chai body butter and get myself all snuggly in either a soft jumper or some PJs.


#2. Face mask

This next step is essential in any pamper routine and I am starting to grow quite a collection of masks. Again, I just love The Body Shop's new range of natural masks and so the Himalayan Charcoal Purifying mask goes on my T-Zone and the British Rose Plumping mask on my cheeks and chin. I usually leave on for about 20 mins. 


#3. Skin care

Once the mask is off I prep my skin - this depends on the time of day but usually I do pamper in the evening so I can start my night time routine. As I've already cleansed I got straight on to toner and at the moment I'm loving the Pixi Glow Tonic. I then use a facial oil - The Body Shop Oils of Life is amazing! And then follow with a night cream - Elemis Biotec is a current favourite.


#4. Relax and read with a cup of tea

Probably the most important part of my routine is what comes next, usually it will involve my favourite Jasmine Green Tea from Whittards and a book. Quite often I go for crime and thriller but at the moment I'm really enjoying Victoria Hislop's 'The Thread'. I'll probably read for an hour before heading downstairs.

How do you like to pamper?

I'd love if you subscribed to my Youtube channel


12 comments

  1. I felt relaxed just by reading this post! I'm totally going to copy you with some of this tips.
    Ps: I suscribed to your youtubel channel, I love it already!

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to be pampered! Great review, hope this 2017 is going to be a good year for all of us!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    Instagram @grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so necessary this weekend! You've inspired me to take a day of relaxation and revamping!

    Xx,

    @WanderLustGirls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving these relaxation tips! Face masks always work well for me when I need a break at night. Gorgeous photos as well!

    Best,
    Christina
    Looks by Lau

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks super relaxing. Thank you for sharing <3

    Take care,
    Rizuna from A Well-dressed Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pics and I love your mug <3
    www.oliviaponcelet.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! I'm going to try some of it :)

    Xx,

    @WanderLustGirls
    www.thewanderlustgirls.com

    ReplyDelete

© ARABELLA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig