My Wardrobe Essentials


Somewhat of a resolution for the new year I made (although I don't make resolutions) is to buy fewer clothes - I know we all say this - but actually I want to just buy fewer, more premium items. This is great in theory but difficult in practice so I'm not fooling myself that this will be achievable. What I do want to do to start though is buy some premium basics/essentials and then build out seasonal capsule collections from there.

I did make a slight start in 2016 but Asos draws me in and I end up with not a lot of extra cash at the end of the month. So what new pieces do I want to invest in this year?



#1. Tapered trousers

The ones I'm wearing in these pictures are Asos but I can be fairly certain that they will only last me one season at work before they're being put in the charity sack or in the bin depending on how well they fair. At the end of the year I got a Reiss suit for work as a bit of an investment 'special' suit but I got this as a skirt suit as the trousers in Reiss do often come up quite long. If I really am serious about investing in new pieces, it may be time to look at Joseph as they do wonderfully tailored trousers that are perfect for work or otherwise.

#2. Pumps

An absolute essential for me are black or nude pumps. Again the ones in these pictures are not of a high quality and are often worn to work. I do try to make them last by not walking around on concrete very often and changing into and out of them at work but I have found it's time I invested in a new pair. One of my very few goals I set myself at the new year was to buy a pair of Valentino Rock studs - okay not exactly 'subtle' but they are incredibly wearable in the nude shade. I also may look to get some black Jimmy Choos for the autumn season if I get the promotion I'm working towards.


#3. Camel coat

Okay this one I do think i've nailed already - I got myself a Hobbs wool coat early on last year and I can already tell I'm going to own and wear it for many years to come. When getting a coat, don't skimp - get wool so you're kept warm and ensure that, if you're going to spend the money, it's a coat that you can wear classically over and over again.

#4. A comfortable pair of blue jeans

If you find a good pair of jeans that fit perfectly you're in serious luck. I still haven't found 'that' pair but I think I've come pretty close with a pair of Asos Sculpt jeans (seriously their jeans are amazing!), however, Asos jeans are not necessarily long lasting and so I'd recommend trying and investing in a pair of J Brand or Paige denim - but ensure they're a classic, black or blue but not rips and a simple skinny style as these will last for years to come.

#5. A black cross-body bag

I have had one on my wishlist since I was a little girl, can you guess what it is? Of course it's the Chanel classic flap. Now unless you have a cool £3.5k lying around I'd say this is out of most peoples' price ranges but there are some good alternatives on the market. If you can splash a little then a Gucci Marmont is extremely ideal. If not then a Carvela or Russell and Bromley purchase will see you through for a number of years.


Shop the post



10 comments

  1. All of these are total classics and essentials! Really loving the grey coat as well. Xo, Ellese

    Rock.Paper.Glam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellese - grey is just such a favourite!

      Delete
  2. set looks perfect;)

    http://fashionmakeup-czarnulaxyz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice look !

    http://www.fruityandpassion.com/2016/12/winter-calling.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camel coat is definitely one of my essentials! I need to get my hands on a nice pair of trousers!

    timelesschic.net
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't imagine not having mine now!

      Delete
  5. These are all great and timeless pieces for your closet! I've just gotten my camel coat to get everything and I'm so excited!
    Jordan xx
    www.thehatlogic.com

    ReplyDelete

© ARABELLA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig