The best Autumn/Winter palette


There is a product that I will admit I've been a tad over-using (if that's possible) this winter season so far and that's the Urban Decay Ultimate Basics palette. I know that this has been a 'cult' product over the last few months but I wanted to give my thoughts on why it deserves the title - and perhaps why it shouldn't.

This will be going live on Boxing Day so I hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas and is enjoying plenty of lovely food, wine and time with loved ones. I hope to be preparing some more posts with my short time off and will be back with a lot more soon!


Why I love it

Firstly, those colours, particularly the rusty 'Extra Bitter' shade on the bottom row - I would never have seen myself wearing this shade previously but for some reason I just can't help myself now! It's the perfect autumnal palette.
The shades blend very easily with a good amount of colour pay-off for the majority - the lighter ones need to be built a bit more slowly. The beautiful neutral hues are perfect for a daytime look but there are some darker crease shades if you want to move a make-up look into the evening.
I am also adoring 'lethal' as the perfect party shade and a pretty awesome smoky eye - all the colours marry so beautifully that there really is no need to reach for another palette for a shade to match, you can go from a light pinky day look, and then add 'Lethal' and 'Blackjack' for an easy transition.

One thing I would change

Okay - I'm pretty sure I'm going to create some controversy on this but I have found myself wishing that there were a couple of shimmering shades in there. The palette is entirely matte and, whilst I figure that's kind of the point, when I have taken this palette overnight somewhere I have found myself wishing that there was a prosecco shade in there just to add a little sparkle.

Have you tried the palette? What are your thoughts?



Shop Urban Decay Palettes






I'd love it if you checked out and subscribed to my Youtube channel!


3 comments

  1. Omg this palette has the most amazing shades.
    Great review.
    xx
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_zn7IqrAY1I44bRuN6dH-Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowww! It's perfect!! Love all the shades ♥

    XX, Mai | · Beautiful Box - Maikshine · |

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this palette! Great review. x

    www.miraaksoy.com

    ReplyDelete

© ARABELLA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig