How to style the PJ Top


One of the key trends for Autumn this year is one I didn't fall in love with straight away. Similar to loafers, it took a little time for this love affair to form. Having seen them first on the Dolce & Gabbana runway in 2014 (or was it '13), one's first thought is perhaps about being able to do what some may have always wanted to do....go out in your pyjamas!

Personally, I have never felt the urge to do this...I remember dress up charity days in school where you were urged to but I simply hated it. I suppose it comes down to my desire to keep work and home very, very separate.

So you might be wondering why on earth I have put this blog post together? Well, as mentioned, this took some time to think through and to work out how I would actually style the trend.



Copious amounts of inspiration from fashion week and many bloggers (not from, I might mention, Vogue) has sparked an interest in this style that I didn't have before BUT it is one to take with caution. I really do enjoy this look and feel that I've been able to do it in a way that really suits my style so I hope you like it. Here are three rules to follow when styling the PJ top:

Rule #1

Pair with denim. When you're wearing a blue shirt like this (and let's face it - pink would not look terribly classy) you simply cannot go wrong with blue denim in a subtly lighter shade. These Farleigh jeans from Asos are an absolute favourite; a darker blue would have clouded the style too much into one when the shirt needs to stand out.

Rule #2

Buy slightly oversized. Would you wear your PJs fitted? Probably not (not this style anyway) and so you need to reflect that, having the shirt too big can just look baggy so you need to strike a balance. I love how this shirt hangs loosely and comfortably whilst still being tucked in.

Rule #3

Keep the collar open. I was seriously tempted to undo another button but my husband wasn't too keen - think the #Chesfie. With a tan it really works so steer away from a prim and proper peter-pan collar.


Shop the look

5 comments


  1. beautiful set and my style :)

    http://fashionmakeup-czarnulaxyz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good idea, I have to try this <3


    www.rosieleizrowice.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge lover of the pyjama top trend too, I think you styled yours perfectly actually! I love it!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea!
    Good vibes, FOX
    check out my blog www.rochellefox.com.au and my latest VLOG

    ReplyDelete

© ARABELLA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig