How to style culottes


So this is me trying to be adventurous. To tell you the absolute truth, I've had a pair of culottes sitting in my wardrobe for the last year and a half that have never been worn...disgraceful isn't it!? I was determined that I was going to wear this trend as I knew that it suited me and my style but I just didn't know how. 

I spent some time on Instagram for some inspo and then all of a sudden it came to me...perhaps I was going wrong with wearing black. I instantly went on Asos on the train back from London - my boss marvelling at the fact that he left me alone for 15mins and I managed to shop. I saw these beauties and, whilst worried that they might be too long, went for it anyway...and I LOVE THEM!

I'd say that it took a while to style these and if you want to style them too, I might suggest using these 3 helpful tips:




Tip #1

Wear heels - oh this is a must, I wore them around the house with my backless loafers thinking 'yeah these go' and boy was I wrong. This is especially a must if they are long like these and you are as short as I am.

Tip #2

Wear them high waisted. This is key for the reason of balance. If you are vertically challenged like myself then not highlighting the trousers up to your waist is a big mistake. Keep everything on top reasonably tailored and short.

Tip #3

Feel and act confident. I did feel a little odd walking around in something very different but actually holding your head up and walking around with confidence can actually make the culottes look better and more suited to your shape.

Are you willing to give them a try?
Shop the look below.

Shop the look



Thanks for reading, watch how I styled these culottes 2 ways here:

Subscribe to my Youtube channel

18 comments

  1. Great tips ... Love the culottes

    xx LL

    www.lalouuula.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome! Great look! Kisses
    http://www.atrendylifestyle.com/2016/10/hystrix-madrid.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work! I’m really inspired by it :)
    Cartincoupon.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a super chic way to style culottes! love it!
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pics, the outfit is perfect
    http://www.elblogdesilvia.com/2016/10/streetstyle-high-waist-jeans-zara-blogger-silvia-rodriguez-influencer.html
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are the chicest culottes I have seen so far!!

    Enclothed Cognition

    ReplyDelete
  7. love how you're wearing them! so cute
    xx
    http://thedemeler.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you´re wearing this outfit.You look so chic dear. Baddie Inpired look

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a very similar pair in black! They're one of my favorite pairs of pants to wear -- so comfy and chic! I absolutely love how you styled these. The leather jacket is on point!

    Best,
    Christina
    Looks by Lau

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the combo! You look amazing!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete

© ARABELLA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig