The Wardrobe change-over and why I give to charity


Autumn is by far my favourite season and I know I've spoken about this countless times on the blog and Snapchat etc... but seriously, is there anything more exciting than putting those summer shorts and tees away and dusting off those coats from the back of the wardrobe? Well...there probably is, especially if you don't like sneezing but hey, work with me on this.

At the change of every season I like to go through my wardrobe and put things I know I'm not going to wear because it's going to be too cold or too hot into a protective box to store under the bed. While I'm doing this I definitely like to have a review of what is actually in there and whether there's any realistic chance of me wearing the items ever again. To be honest my style evolves all the time, I wrote a post about this recently and you know what, it's okay! Mine has developed from a colourful wardrobe to a minimal one and then now onto a more tailored, grown up, still girly minimal style...and I love it. But it does mean that all this evolution creates some dusty things hidden in the back of my closet.

When I go through I make three piles; one for putting away for next year, one for selling on eBay (I do like to sell things to put towards my new-ins) and finally, one for the charity shop.

This third one is super important to me and usually it won't just include clothes but some books and homewear accessories too. Being honest I don't necessarily have a particular charity shop that I give too, the local Marie Curie is generally where I go though as it's convenient, it's a charity that I do like to support and the volunteers are generally very friendly. 

My favourite (if you can actually have favourite) is MIND, however, from what I have seen there aren't many shops out there to donate to, therefore, my sporting activities are generally done in favour of this particular charity. Having suffered from an eating disorder, anxiety and growing up with a parent with bi-polar, this truly is a charity close to my heart.

Anyway, I've selected a couple of pieces out of my haul to give away to show you and the story behind those pieces.

So let's take a look in my wardrobe...


We've all bought that piece of clothing that looks amazing on the model, it arrives it just doesn't feel right but then we still try and 'make it work'. Well, that's this grey blazer/jacket from Next. I think I was starting a new job when I got this and my style was very tailored at the time. I really wanted to get some smart office wear but being only 5"4 it just seemed to swamp me a little and there was very little that I could find to go with it. I have honestly tried to make it work but I just find myself forgetting about it - hopefully it can find a new home with someone else.


Oh the white blazer. Boy did this take a lot of hunting down. I remember seeing this online in the Mango sale a couple of years ago and traipsed every store and concession to find it. I have actually worn it a few times and for some reason just fell out of love with it. I did put it on eBay last year but lost my nerve and took it back down again because I was just certain that I would wear it but alas it's another year on and it hasn't been worn so I really just need to bite the bullet and give it a new home.

With old pieces gone that, of course, means room for some new items. In autumn I love to hunt down jackets like trenches/Macs (like this one below) or pea coats (even biker jackets if the weather is still good!) and blouses with thin sweaters. Another thing I buy every year is a pair of boots and this new pair is definitely not going to disappoint; I'll be talking about these in a haul video on my Youtube channel soon. 


I simply adore shorts trench coats for autumn - being vertically challenged having a petite version is so nice but also hard to find. This particular coat from Boohoo is definitely going to be a staple and will compliment my wardrobe so nicely.

I'm definitely working on being a bit more sophisticated these days and going back to my girly roots and so I'm also loving the Mademoiselle trend that's coming in for autumn - high neck collars with frilled sleeves are just so cute and perfect for the office too! I love that the sleeves from this blouse from Boohoo stick out at the end of the jacket creating the perfect detailing.

Finally, the boots. These are perfect in autumn as well as winter and actually, if suede, are better worn in the drier months anyway!

I'll be writing a piece soon on my top 5 essential Autumn/Winter items so keep your eyes peeled for that.

What pieces have you given away to charity this year and which charities are close to your heart?

Shop the look below.



Shop Boohoo's Coats and Jackets here

This post is in collaboration with Boohoo



8 comments

  1. Beautiful photos babe! Great post x

    www.fromluxewithlove.com
    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/from-luxe-with-love-14590195

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look!
    xx
    http://thedemeler.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! You look gorgeous!

    xo,
    Gem+Elli | gemandelli.com/mediterranean-vibes-zaful/

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect look!
    NEW BLOG ! please follow me : YOUNG BLOG


    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is perfect on you!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful coat. Love the style and the color.
    xoxo
    Liza
    Liza Corner | Instagram | Facebook

    ReplyDelete

© ARABELLA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig