The Body Shop Drops of Light Review


I know I go on about this particular brand quite a lot, and yes I'm always doing (unsponsored) product reviews that hopefully haven't got boring yet. The main reason for this is that I simply adore The Body Shop, it is definitely my favourite skincare brand by an absolute mile and is honestly the first place I look for new products like the new face masks recently released.

A large reason for this is my family influence - growing up in the home town of TBS and with a mother hell bent on collecting every body butter going it's definitely hard not to be a little drawn to the brand. Anyway, my acclamation of love over, I suppose I'd better get on with this review.

I recently ran out of my day cream and cleanser and so was on the hunt for something new. I'd taken a trip to my local TBS looking for something entirely different and spotted this new range - Drops of Light. Now I am a huge fan of the Drops of Youth and Oils of Life ranges so I was beginning to think I was on to a winner. This range claims to brighten skin, smooth out skintone and give your skin some extra radiance. So how have I been getting on? About 4 weeks ago I purchased 3 products from the range: the Pure Clarifying Foam Wash, the Pure Healthy Brightening Serum and the Pure Healthy Brightening Day Cream.





So, the product that I actually needed most out of this range up first: the day cream. Before we get into this I'd like to point out just how damn gorgeous the packaging is for this range. TBS has come such a long way with their chic, more upmarket style of branding and it seriously works (plus everything is so photogenic, win win). So once you open the beautiful white box you have this lovely white pot, opening the lid there is a protective plastic lid - I'm not sure how I feel about these, I'm sure that there's a purpose so I never throw them away but at the same time they're super annoying, ya know!??? Anyway, the product itself is also white and extremely smooth; I use it after the serum before applying my make-up and really does glides onto the skin. It sinks in immediately without feeling drying or like you need to add more and you're ready to apply your make-up again in meer seconds. I honestly feel like my make-up sits so much more beautifully on top of this base! 

So to start off I really feel like this is a winning product for me, I'll talk more at the end just how I feel about the brightening effects as I don't feel like I can attribute the results of that to just one of the products when I use them all daily.



This is not a product I've ever used before; I use a facial oil before bed but never really thought of using a serum before my day cream. 

The texture of this is not like what I expected at all - I guess I was comparing to my oil but it's literally like water. But it doesn't apply like it. If you imagine putting three drops of water in your palm and then patting onto your face, you'd feel like it wouldn't go very far but this does! It doesn't irritate my skin in the slightest and genuinely from the very first use I felt that it did indeed brighten my skin!

As it's such an easy product to apply it is very easy to incorporate into your routine and I don't feel it alters the day cream application either as it just gets absorbed so quickly.

The only criticism I would have for this is that it does smell quite perfumed - something I usually really dislike about skincare products as it signals ingredients that may cause break-outs or irritation - but this is absolutely fine and the smell disappears once onto your skin.

Again the packaging is so cute for this product, I'd happily display this in my bathroom for the beauty of it alone!


The final product in the range is the foam wash, this is basically just a cleanser that you place on your fingertips, mix with water and foam up on your face. This makes it super easy to use; in the morning I use this in the shower and just rinse away and then in the evening I make a bit more of a meal out of it.

From a texture point of view it's really strange. It looks very pearly on your fingertips and you only need a pea sized amount which is great for making it last longer. However, when putting on your face it still feels like a normal foaming cleanser but it's when you begin to wash off that the texture feels strange. I can't explain it and I'm not sure that I dislike it but it remind me of the soap that my grandparents used to use in their bathroom - sort of where your rubbing it off and the silky soapiness stops quite abruptly. That being said it does feel great after use and I do feel like my skin is very clean and refreshed afterwards.

One final point about this product, and I feel that it's an important one, is that it is quite irritating on my eyes. It seems that every time I use it I get ever so slight irritation which means that I'm very wary of really going to town on my eye make-up. I use a micellar water before cleansing so it's not the end of the world but I was quite surprised that it did cause such an irritation.



Overall, I really do enjoy this range and definitely see myself re-buying it when the products run out. When compared to the likes of Clinque and Clarins, the price point isn't such an issue, however, it's obviously going to be more pricey than your average Nivea or Olay ranges. The day cream retails at £25, the serum £20 and the foam wash £12 but I honestly would pay that every time, You do get a fair amount of product with each so I'm hoping that these will last me for some time yet!

Okay, let's talk about the brightening, this is the main selling point of the range and I do really feel that my skin is brighter and more even toned. I have been teaming it up with the Chinese rice and ginseng mask which also proclaims to brighten so perhaps it's this magic mix that seems to be working but I actually went out the house with just eye make-up and no base on recently and I owe that confidence to this range.

Let me know if you've tried this range and what you think, obviously it may not be for everyone, my skin is combination and so perhaps for dryer or more oily skin you may not see the same results. I'm going to stop rambling now...thanks for reading!



If you want to see my full morning skincare routine then check out my GRWM vid

14 comments

  1. Thank you for sharing your review. I will stop by Body Shop to see if they have it in Switzerland as well. I would love to try out Drops of Light!
    Hugs,
    Miri

    http://currentlywearing.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the body shop, great review :) x

    www.fashionjazz.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely will have to try this!
    Beautiful photos!
    xo.
    www.itswhatsin.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great! I really want to try this series:)
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definitely try it! Thank you for this great post :) Much Love, XXX Tiffany Lea

    My Blog : https://travelcreateandfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for your sharing. i m currently also looking for beauty products that have whitening effects. will have to stop by body shop too if these series also available in my city. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The packaging is definitely beautiful! It sounds like such a great range of products! Will have to try!
    x Emily
    http://shedoes.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely have to test this stuff out! Thanks for the review :)

    @WanderLustGirls
    www.thewanderlustgirls.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah this is absolutely gorgeous - what a lovely post! Love the look of this product! :)

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© ARABELLA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig