Vegan Raw 'Caramel' Slices


How delicious do this friggin things look!? I'm sat here writing this post after taking the pictures with the board of goodies smelling so good right in front of me. Thank heaven for my Invisalign otherwise I would have easily demolished the lot already!

This recipe is for vegan caramel slices, however, I've been a bit cheeky in the title as these are not actually 100% vegan - I did not have, and could not find in the supermarket, any rice syrup so there's actually honey in there instead - it works totally the same and I'll include both in the recipe below! 

Anyway...let's have a look at the recipe! I actually got this from Amelia Liana's Youtube channel - I have made a few tweaks to the recipe but it is largely the same, if you're interested in seeing it being made I seriously would check out the video!

(Makes 18)

Layer #1

2 cups of cashews
1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
10 dates (any will do but the stickier the better - medjool are my fave)
3 tbs rice syrup or honey

Mix together in a processor and spoon out onto a lined baking tray. Put into the freezer for half an hour.

Layer #2

1 cup dates
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup rice syrup/honey
2 tsp vanilla extract
Pink of salt

Again, mix together in a processor and layer on top of the nutty base - it may be quite sticky so use your fingers is necessary. Put back in the freezer for half an hour.

Layer #3

1/3 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup

Warm the coconut oil in a small pan (don't get too hot, just enough to melt it). Add everything into the processor and use a spatular to smooth out over the other two layers. Add on your toppings - I used some more desiccated coconut but Amelia uses freeze dried fruit which look stunning - more crushed nuts would also be lovely. Put back into the freezer for an hour.

Take out of the freezer, cut around the edges (nibbling as you go along...obvs) and chop into small squares. Keep in the fridge for freshness.



Let me know if you guys make them! Or link any similar recipes you think I might like!

3 comments

  1. My mouth has been watering the whole entire time reading this post! These look so yummy can't believe they are vegan too or at least 99%!

    Shellie Skillen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so delicious! Wanna to try it, thanks for sharing it with us ♥
    Meet My Lovely World

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photography in this post is so gorgeous! and they look AMAZING. I'm (trying to be) on a health kick at the moment so treats like this are helpful to keep me going! I really want to give them a go! Thanks for sharing :)

    Katie | http://kaleidoscopepeonies.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© ARABELLA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig