NARS VS URBAN DECAY CONCEALER


This is a beauty post that I've been meaning to write for such a long time and I've finally gotten around to talking about it. There are two concealers that I feel really dominate the make-up market and are certainly well hyped. I've been fortunate enough to have given both a go and so I thought I'd let you guys know how I got on. Now bear in mind everyones' skin types are different and so what works for one person may not for another but for those with combination skin like me, what I prefer you might too. 




Bit of a mouthful there. This was the first of the concealers that I tried; I grabbed this on a busy morning at Heathrow airport as I hadn't packed any and I had an important meeting at the other end of my flight that I didn't want to look hagged for.
I really liked this concealer - the big thing for me was that it was incredibly brightening, actually I think I may have gone one shade too light but it certainly did make me feel like my under-eyes were awake. Whilst this product didn't dry out my under-eyes that much, it did start to sink in and show cracks towards the end of the day. Overall I'd say this was a pretty awesome concealer though; the applicator is great and it blends out really well (despite being the wrong shade for me) so I would buy this again.



Okay - this one is fairly new to my make-up collection and is the reason I wanted to make this post. This was the opposite from NARS in that I think I went a shade too dark but only ever so slightly. This product blends so beautifully I can't tell you how easy it is! It also feels incredibly soft on my skin - my under-eyes feel like silk, no joke! It doesn't crack or go into the creases at all which I really love. The only downside to this concealer is that it isn't really as brightening as the NARS one, that might be something to do with the shade that I got so I will try one lighter in autumn and report back but overall I'd say this wins - but only by a very small margin!


I hope that this short review is helpful for anyone who can't decide between the two. What are you favourite concealers?

12 comments

  1. I've been wanting to try both of these for a while, I might go with the Nars!
    Laura x
    LookAtMyClothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both awesome and I think you'd love either, for me UD has the edge though :)

      Delete
  2. perfect products!
    xx
    http://thedemeler.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always seen youtubers complain a little about how nars look on certain types of skin and with this review I definitely choose ud :)

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it can help! Although I do still love NARS and may still buy it again but in a slightly darker shade. The UD one just feels better on my skin.

      Delete
  4. Great post! Always looking for new concealers to try!

    xx

    Nicole | http://toogoldstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice brand!

    xx LL

    www.lalouuula.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect products.
    Good vibes, FOX
    check out my blog www.rochellefox.com.au and my latest VLOG

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm super intersted in this review as I'm looking for a new concealer. I think i'll give a try to Nars!
    www.bonjourchiara.com

    ReplyDelete

© ARABELLA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig