Beauty chat | Liquid lipsticks


If you haven't heard about liquid lipsticks then..well...you've been living under a rock because these are one of the biggest new make-up trends to hit the beauty industry. I've been wanting to try one for ages but felt the best ones were only found in the US (the likes of ABH, Colourpop, Cat von Dee etc...) BUT, a new brand has been suddenly popping up in Boots stores around the country....NYX.

A liquid lipstick goes on like a gloss but sets like a lipstick and promises to last all day - some do what they say, some don't!

I originally went in to get the Liquid Suede version but lots of girls were crowded around another section and I soon realised the the liquid creams were the IT products to get. At only £5.50 a go, it's totally worth trying and there are SO MANY SHADES! It's absurd I just couldn't choose! In the end I settled on three shades - Cannes, Stockholm and Cairo.

Cannes is the most pinky of the lot and is actually a real favourite of mine, it glides on really nicely and dries perfectly too creating a lovely matte lip.

Cairo is very nude and, to be honest, I'm not a fan - not because of the colour but the way it goes on, you have to do about 3 layers before it's built up a proper coverage and so I definitely won't be purchasing that again. That being said it does work really well underneath other products.

Finally, Stockholm is a slightly darker version of Cannes and boy do I love it, it's my favourite of the bunch but it is a little darker than it looks in the packaging.

Overall though, my ultimate favourite in terms of colour, texture and staying power definitely has to be the Liquid Suede. I purchased it in Sandstorm and it really is such a beautifully textured product - it's very dark for work but really works for evenings and weekends. It's slightly more expensive at £6.50 but for £1 I'd give it a go - there are fewer shades to choose from but I'm lusting after Tea and Cookies!

Have you tried liquid lipsticks? What do you like?



10 comments

  1. These are to die for, nowhere near as drying as the typical liquid lipstick and they feel so good on the lips! I love Cannes as an everyday nude and Abu Dhabi as a slightly more intense evening colour. Great to see someone appreciating these gems over the Liquid Suedes!!

    Sara x

    www.sxrabeauty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara - although sorry to disappoint but I did end up preferring the Suede (dropped that in last), they last longer and mattify after only one coat rather than 3 but unfortunately have fewer shades to choose from. I really want to try Abu Dhabi - it was a sold out shade in my local branch! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I looove these so much! They're one of the best liquid lipsticks I've worn on my lips. x

    www.ashrealasitgets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooeh I love these colors
    curious how they look on the lips

    liefs
    Karlien

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out my latest Youtube tutorial to see them in use! :)

      Delete
  4. I really love this kind of liquid lipsticks . With only two mild strokes I have the desired result .
    I love the colors you've chosen in the publication
    I liked the post !!
    http://www.pperlenoirstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun - I just love how they glide on and set so matte!

      Delete
  5. Really loving the look of these, I've yet to venture out and try them myself but I might pop down to Boots soon and try these ones out, although I'm wondering whether the colour in the tube is the same on the lips?? Xx

    http://www.thehapylife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent a long time sampling many different ones, some were out of stock that I'm still yet to try :( For £5.50 they're definitely worth a go and most Boots stores now stock them :)

      Delete

© ARABELLA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig