Wedding series | Table decorations


If you asked me what was the one thing that I got totally stressy about for our wedding last month it would be the table decorations! I was plain determined to make them Pinterest worthy and THE THEME JUST HAD TO MATCH OKAY!??? Well, that's what Toby heard a lot of. Never in my life did I imagine I would spend £150 on lanterns but hey ho...weddings do silly things to your head.

Anyway, as part of the fortnightly wedding series I'm putting together I thought I would go through a few tips and tricks that I did to make my tables photo-ready. Let me know what you think!

The Theme

So yeah...you may have gathered that this was majorly important to me. Honestly even the dress didn't stress me out as much! I really wanted everything to match and work together so I kept the entire theme for the wedding really simple = all white. Okay...white and charcoal. To match my general lack of colour style on a day to day basis it just had to be white and I totally don't regret it. White is so classy and with chrome/silver accents and beautiful white roses everything just came together perfectly. Whatever you do keep your theme simple and don't pick too many things!

The Flowers

Again sticking to the theme the flowers were kept simple but chic, white roses with gyp and another flower I don't know the name of.  I had a 30cm tall clear flute glass with a slightly loose setting on each table and one long arrangement on the head table. I also had a small arrangement on the guest book table and everything, of course, matched (including the button holes and church arrangements). A few pointers though - there's more to flowers than you might think so think of a budget and add 20% more minimum, consider button holes for males and females in the groom and bridal party as well. Also, some churches won't let you take the flowers away so, if your venue is separate, prepare a budget for both places. 

The Favours

The favours were one of the first things that we sorted, it honestly took me a while to get these 100% right and some sleepless nights but we got there. This was one element that we did DIY and that really is a nice touch. Remember these are meant to be ideal keep sakes and so making them personalised is a great way to go. My favourite sweets are bonbons so we ordered a couple of kilos and some little glass jars (never thought I'd lose sleep over white lids or silver though!) and these little personlised tags. Two evenings spent tying 70 bows and filling the jars and they were done!


  
The Menu

This really isn't that difficult - follow the simple rules that fish or vegetarian is a perfect starter and (almost) everyone loves chicken. We had a smoked salmon timbale for our starter, a lemon and thyme chicken for the main and a trio of desserts for afters. Having the trio of desserts was a great way to ensure that everyone would get something that they would like. Don't forget to feed your suppliers though, while your photographer might not request it, ensuring that they have a hot meal or some sandwiches made by the kitchen is a really nice touch for them.

The Entertainment

Remember it's likely that some people won't know each other and will be sat on the same table so it's really important to give them some ice breakers. This can be on the table or around, for example, we had a magician working the crowd while we did our photographs and then going around each table during the first and main courses. He was brilliant and really helped our relax our guests. As blogging is such an important part of my life we also put selfie sticks on each table asked our guests to 'Capture the love' with a hashtag - the photos the next day were fantastic and it was a really good way to give the guests something to do.



All photos are courtesy of Kevin Watkins Photography

9 comments

  1. Beautiful DIYs! I'm currently planning my wedding for 2017 and seeing those Pinterest inspos are also definitely giving me a slight anxiety, haha. I think you did great, and the idea of a magician sounds like an awesome ice breaker :D

    http://www.deasynoel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah congrats! So exciting! Honestly it's what you make it, I had pressure to make mine look a certain way as some people had 'expectations' but I wouldn't have done it any differently. Good luck with your wedding!

      Delete
  2. This was so much fun to read! Will be so specific with a theme when I get married too, and I certainly loved yours! So chic with the all white and silver accents and love the font you chose! Looks like you had a lovely day from the decoration perspective too haha! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! It really was a lovely day, I'm doing this as a series if you're looking for any inspo, i put a dress post up recently and will be adding a 'wedding series' post fortnightly. :)

      Delete
  3. This is all so cute and original, I love it! I'm glad you have the time of your life :)

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet post!! I like all

    xx LL

    www.lalouuula.com

    ReplyDelete

© ARABELLA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig