L'Oreal Cushion Foundation


I did it, I jumped on the bandwagon - I've seen this product everywhere and on everyone and I just couldn't put off buying the L'Oreal Cushion foundation any longer and doing a review for you guys. I'm still on the hunt for my perfect summer foundation and so was looking for something slightly darker (gotta love that tan) than usual and light as I really don't feel like I need much foundation in summer as my skin is often brighter and smoother naturally - when I'm on holiday I refuse to wear any at all...that rule also applies to bras but...well...let's not go there.

So what did I think of this well-hyped product?


Honestly...I wasn't sure at first. I first tried this on a Saturday morning where I was away from home and hadn't really completed my usual full skincare routine so felt that it was hard to judge. My skin felt a little dry and the foundation just didn't really 'stick' to it very well. I was, however, really impressed that it blended so well.

Then I tried it a few days later on a warm day where I really didn't want to bother with a full face and my opinion has changed dramatically! There are so many good things about this product that I'm going to list them for you below.

1. It's so light
A must for a summer foundation is for light coverage; you really don't want to look like you're wearing any and I still like to have a few freckles come through. This foundation is so light and perfect for that, it covers pores with ease and doesn't feel like you're caked at all (a terrible feeling when you're hot, bothered and sweaty at work when the AC doesn't work very well).

2. Easy application
Summer make up should be easy and care-free in my opinion and so having a foundation that is so easily to apply is a real luxury. This product, with the cute cushion applicator tucked into the first layer, is just that...easy. It takes my no time at all to pat and apply.

3. It looks cute
I mean...come on, it really does!

4. Blend and build
Another amazing feature of this product is that you really can build it up as much as you want. With liquid foundation you squeeze out the amount and feel like you have to use it all, but with this you can build gradually and not waste any of the product.

5. It's compact
Okay this is kind of similar to 'It looks cute' but this is slightly more practical - this is a really perfect travel size and doesn't have any chance of spilling, surely this is perfect to pack into your suitcase? Oh and it has a mirror too!

Have you guys tried this product yet? Let me know what you think below!



Did you guys know I have a new Youtube channel? Click here to check it out!

4 comments

  1. I honestly love this foundation! I also did a review on my blog and our thoughts are so similar.
    It is so light weight and in my opinion has a great coverage! My favourite foundation of the moment!

    www.thelisasworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you agree - the only thing I'm not sure about is using the cushion as after a while it can get quite unhygienic - maybe they do re-fills?

      Delete
  2. Now I'm really curious. I think I'm going to give it a try.

    Rita.
    http://rosegatest.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

© ARABELLA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig