How to get a new foundation without buying one


Have you ever wanted to change your foundation to a shade darker or lighter but didn't want to go out and buy it again in a different shade? I certainly have and, if you're like me and have a favourite foundation (Dior Forever for me!) that isn't the cheapest, you might not want to be spending all that every time your face gets a bit of sun.

Now I really am a summer tanner - if I don't stay in the sun my skin goes pretty pale over winter but turns tanned pretty quickly. I really like to buy my foundations lighter than I might need and then colour with bronzers, blushers and contours - I feel like all this on top of a slightly darker shade just looks too overdone for me.

But with two summer trips already under my belt this year and a bloody scorching mid-July in the UK the bronzer just isn't cutting it. But I've found something new that will (hopefully!) solve it all...




Hello darkening drops! These drops are designed to turn your foundation one shade darker naturally, and means that you don't have to go and spend all that $$$ all over again. 

You might say 'oh but that's like buying a new foundation' but noooo no no, it's only £10 and you get so much colour payoff in just one drop! I can really see this bottle lasting me 2 summers easily as you really don't need very much.

It really blends well as well. You may expect it to change it dramatically on your hand but it doesn't - the change is subtle like going a shade darker would be and you can always add more if you need to.

It does get even better - The Body Shop also do a lightening version of this if you want to go a shade lighter! I haven't given that a try but as I love this one so much I may just give it a go when autumn starts kicking in. 


Have you guys tried this? Let me know what you think?

This is not an advertorial.

16 comments

  1. oooeh wauw this sounds like a really smart product
    I like this!

    love
    Karlien

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly something a bit different :)

      Delete
  2. That's really cool. Thank you for your tip :) x

    Rita
    http://rosegatest.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Rita - thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  3. OMG Such a great product!

    xx LL

    www.lalouuula.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good, it doesn't go streaky or anything!

      Delete
  4. Oh this is so perfect! I get tan SO easily during the summer, I would love to have this darkening spot as part of my beauty closet <3 Beautiful photos too!

    http://www.deasynoel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun - honestly do it, I actually think it improves the consistency of my foundation slightly too :)

      Delete
  5. this all sounds really, really great!

    xo

    www.dylanasuarez.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love so much this post...
    Follow me: http://newyorkparigimilano.blogspot.it/2016/07/i-miei-looks-su-instagram-9.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an interesting product! I've never heard of such a thing, haha. Thanks for the awesome review!

    Best,
    Christina


    Looks by Lau

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome hun :) I'd never heard of it either but so glad I came across it!

      Delete
  8. That sounds like an amazing product indeed! Love it!

    Have a beautiful day!
    XO, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect idea, good job!

    DadieB. ~
    dadiebradhshaw.com

    ReplyDelete

© ARABELLA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig