Dressing smart in summer


If you like a tailored look like me then you will also find it really tricky to maintain that style in summer when the temperatures are soaring and all you want to do is walk around everywhere in your undies cause...well..that's just more comfy. Get me?

I hate the sticky feeling that you get in summer, especially at work! I was in a meeting this week wearing my best suit cause it was an important thing and, well, those who live in the UK will know what it was like early this week - very, very sticky. It was awful...but does that mean I should throw in the pencil skirt and wear a shapeless dress?

Now I'm not saying that I'd wear this look in the office - no way (although that might get some quizzical looks) but I thought I'd show how, in summer, you can still keep a cute tailored look. It might not be a black blazer (that would be impressive) but this light airy bomber jacket is super cool and easy to throw on.




And then there's the mid-heel, you guys might know just how much I love this style of shoe at the moment. It's such a comfortable style, I honestly need to get myself another pair because it won't be long before this pair are worn out.

Tailored shorts are also the perfect summer item if you want to look chic rather than overheated although I often find them very hard to get right. This pair from Asos are just so bloody perfect that I am so tempted to get them in all the colours. They are high waisted and wide at the bottom so ultra flattering and cute. I particularly like being able to dress them up or down - I wore this exact outfit without the jacket and with heels to dinner on honeymoon recently and it looked great!

Summer often means afterwork drinks so it is really important to ensure that you either take a change of clothes with you or certainly a pair of flat or comfortable shoes...my feet swell up in heat so having a pair of sandals in my handbag is also a must.

Shop the look below.

What are your tips for dressing smart in summer?



33 comments


  1. You look beautiful as always :)

    http://fashionmakeup-czarnulaxyz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mid-heeled shoes are my fave! Easy to walk in, but not to uncomfortably high that I feel like I'm going to fall over. I love this look, and it looks summer appropriate with the breezy shorts and bomber too :-) I suppose dressing smart in summer comes down to more structured pieces, more fitted trousers (but still airy) and the perennial summer fave colour: white!

    Cherie | sinonym

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't be a summer wardrobe without lots and lots of white haha!

      Delete
  3. Lovely LOOK.
    http://www.thestylegalaxy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shots! Love the neutral outfit. Great blog you have, stay inspired!


    xoxo,

    www.fashionerza.com

    I can rock any outfits, come follow my online diary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this! Great post lovely! x

    www.fromluxewithlove.com
    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/from-luxe-with-love-14590195

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very chic look!!
    Have a nice day doll,
    Johanna ♥

    http://www.dreamscolorsandglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this tailored look! Styled beautifully!
    x Emily
    http://shedoes.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this look, especially that shorts! xo

    Daniel x
    The Daniel Originals | Instagram: danielpoonvignez
    New Post: Tucking In T-Shirt

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the look!
    xx
    http://thedemeler.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this look, so chic!
    xo.
    www.itswhatsin.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great look! I love tailored shorts as well. They're so versatile and great for sticky summer dressing!

    Love, Lindsey
    http://www.thenomisniche.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I live in these on holiday too - perfect evening wear :)

      Delete
  12. This is probably the cutest smart summer outfit I have come across! Serious inspiration here! If only Bristol was slightly sunnier!

    http://themonologuee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Zoe - this was only shot down the road from Bristol :)

      Delete
  13. Those sunglasses look gorgeous on you!

    xx, BBB
    www.bangbangblond.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun - they are my absolute fave!

      Delete
  14. a nice pair of shorts always does the trick!
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect outfit for summer! Lovely look!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. So chic and put together! Love those shoes!
    xx

    http://toogoldstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I find it so hard to dress smart in the warmer weather without melting, you make it look effortless!

    ReplyDelete

© ARABELLA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig