My Winter Skincare Routine


One of the biggest things I Struggle with in winter is my skin. Now I'm not going to complain and say it's really awful and I feel like hiding because, truth be told, it's never really that bad. I'm quite fortunate to be blessed with relatively clear skin most of the year around, however, when the cold air comes in and the heating goes on, I do tend to get dry patches around my nose and mouth.

The main issue I have with my skin is the tone - sometimes it really does look an odd colour but a slight layering of foundation and all is well. Does anyone know any really good products for this?

Anyway, I'm going to walk you through what I use to keep my skin clear, clean and feeling fresh.

Cleansing



My cleansing routine is quite simple (haha get it!?!). As long as you ensure you get all your make-up off it doesn't really matter too much what you use. I do like to use a foaming cleanser as it's just a lot easier when I'm tired and can't be bothered and I find it really gets everything off - I like this Boots on or one from The Body Shop - the trick being that they both have Tea Tree in them, I can't express enough how good tea tree oil is for your skin - if you have a breakout I really recommend getting the actual oil (I doubt there's much in these products!) and putting some on the end of a cotton bud and dabbing onto affected areas! My other go to product is this Simple eye cleanser, I like this as it's effective, however, I'm looking to try some micellar water when this runs out. Any recommendations?

Moisturising 


Okay, this bit is really important! Once I have my face nice and clean I use The Body Shop Oils of Life lotion by putting a few drops onto a cotton pad and smoothing over my face. After that I wet my hands slightly and put 3-4 drops of the Face Oil into the palm of my hand, rub them together and put on my face. I usually leave this for a few minutes (brush my teeth) before putting on my Oils of Life Day Cream/Drops of Youth Night Mask and Clinque eye cream.

Every few days


Every two days I usually use this St Ives apricot scrub after cleansing at night - if you haven't tried this already it's a MUST! This is by far the best scrub I've found yet. Once a week I will also use a face mask and charcoal nose strips after a nice long soak in the bath. This Origins mask is fairly new so it's hard to give a review just yet but I'll let you know!

So that's my daily routine - it doesn't change much day to night time except for using a night cream instead and scrub in the evening.

What do you guys think of these beauty posts? It's not something I have done before but if you like it then comment below and I'll do more!

If you guys like what you see, you can see more by adding me on the following:

                                                    Instagram               Bloglovin                    Twitter



22 comments

  1. You just introduced me to a lot of good products I didn't know about! Thanks haha

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Body Shop stuff is by far my fave - definitely recommend if you're looking to spend money on any of this.

      Delete
  2. Those products sound really great! Thanks for sharing :) xx, Carmen - http://www.carmitive.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not good to making routines, but I'm trying to remember to clean my face and use a daycream.
    Thanks for sharing dear. I know the brands and some of the products and they are really great !! :)
    Xx Blue Ducklings
    Http://www.blueducklings.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since having Invisalign I have to brush my teeth after dinner so I tend to start my cleansing routine then so I don't have much to do when slowly trudging up the stairs at bedtime :)

      Delete
  4. I'm the worst when it comes to making routines and I really need to learn more about skin care! Thanks for your tips.

    Rita
    http://ritatriestoblog.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like these kinds of beauty posts, it's always interesting hearing what other people do for their skincare routines.

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Is this something you would like more often?

      Delete
  6. awesome routine!

    xx Melis
    http://fashionmews.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the origins charcoal mask! I like their skincare in general
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only just started using it but oh my word...heaven!

      Delete
  8. Amazing post, your photos are amazing :3

    Ana ♥
    http://aruivablog.blogspot.pt/ N/POST

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love origins products a lot! :) Especially the ginger body wash!
    Great post!
    Have a nice day! Xo Leni
    http://www.theblondejourney.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mask is so nice but haven't tried much else, will give that body wash a go!

      Delete
  10. Such a great post I love it ;) Wanna follow for follow??

    http://ordinaryblondie9.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving your picks, I have the Origins mask and I really like how soft my face gets after using it x

    http://thelondonthing.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy about this post!! My skin has been struggling a little bit, so I will definitely check these out!

    xo Lauren
    http://www.earthtostyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice tips. Good post.

    http://looking4theblacksheep.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

© ARABELLA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig