New Year's Resolutions



Happy New Year everyone! I can't believe how fast 2015 has gone and the changes that have happened. It's now time to look forward to what comes next.
2016 is going to be a super big year for me, the main reason being that I'm getting married!!!!!! I can't believe it's less than 6 months away now but I'm just so excited. Almost all the planning is done, I just need to sort out a few more of the little things (and go honeymoon clothes shopping...obvs).


Anyways, on to my resolutions. I'm not really one for whole-hearted resolutions, I've never really done them but what I do do is use the New Year for a chance to reflect back and think about all the wonderful things that have happened and then look forward to all the wonderful things planned to happen! So I guess what I do is set goals rather than make resolutions I won't keep so here goes.

Goal #1

No alcohol until the wedding. Okay this one is kind of a resolution. I did this one last year and was doing pretty well until the end of May when the other half proposed - you can't very well miss out on drinking champagne that night of your life! Up until that point I hadn't had a drop all year and got pretty buzzed pretty quickly. Despite this I really haven't gone back to drinking alcohol, more often than not I will opt for water as I just don't fancy it. Those of you who follow my Twitter and Snapchat will know that I'm quite the fitness fanatic and so this is the main reason I decided to quit.

Goal #2

Start vlogging! I really want to do this but at the moment I really don't have the confidence, I keep making excuses for not doing it - I hate my teeth, the lighting in the house is rubbish blah blah but there's really no excuse and I think it would make a great sideline for the blog, what do you guys think? I've worked out the lighting I would need and the space I'd set up in the house with the best light and backdrop so would expect to start maybe in July after the honeymoon.

Goal #3

Get better teeth. As mentioned above, I really hate mine, they were too small when I was younger to have braces and so as I've gotten older they have begun to move out of place. My sister and best friend have just started using Invisaline (basically clear braces for adults) and they look amazing so my goal is to save up and get this done (honestly it doesn't even look like you're wearing them!).

Goal #4

Reach 10,000 followers on combined networks. You guys might not know that I stopped blogging for over a year, I never had the time to put in the work on my blog because of my job and so would get down when it didn't move anywhere. Now I have a new job and more time I'm working harder and seeing great progress but it's going to take some time to build up followers and make up any I lost. Technically this blog 'Arabella' is only 3 months old.

Goal #5

Buy a house. This one is quite ambitious and actually may not be really feasible until early 2017 but hey, a girl can try!? My fiancee and I are quite keen to start big as we want to start a family in the next few years so I'm just going to have to be patient and save the pennies.

So that's pretty much it! Quite simple but still ambitious. What do you guys have planned for 2016?




25 comments

  1. You should definitly vlog! I love watching vlogs, they are super fun and entertaining. I'm sure your teeth are bautiful but if you want to get better I hope you have the best in the world haha. Also, the vlogs would be here or on youtube?
    Happy new year!

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Paula, you're so sweet! I will definitely look to start in July and will post on Youtube but embed into the blog so basically my answer is both haha.

      Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  2. Ah congratulations!! Getting married in 2016 definitely means it'll be a special gear for you- exciting stuff.
    :)

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! How exciting! I love that you've laid out all of your goals and that you're so organized. That will be very helpful in your wedding planning. Best wishes!

    xo
    Beth
    www.TheStyleBouquet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! I do hope it comes in handy...there's just so much more to think about than I first though but getting there. Happy New Year x

      Delete
  4. fingers crossed you should get all these crossed off your list! :) wishing you a happy 2016!


    http://jeansandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, all the best for the following year!:)

    Bridge of Memories

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would totally watch your vlogs!!! Wishing you all the best of luck this 2016!

    http://yourstrulyshai.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Shairene, keep an eye out late July! x

      Delete
  7. Blogging is so much fun! Because of my school, I couldn't find the time to do it, but you should definitely try it out!

    pareenm.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice post ! Love it ;)
    Also, Happy New Year, enjoy 2016 !

    Suzanne xx
    http://yourlovelyplace.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your goals! The combination of big and small ones is so great!
    <3

    http://www.themoptop.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that sound like there is a very exciting year ahead of you!
    Wish you all the best for 2016 :)

    I really like your blog :) Would you like to follow each other?

    Caro x

    http://nilooorac.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab list, some really great goals (and good luck for the wedding, eek!)! I'm hoping to start vlogging this year too (just posted my second vid!) but I'm with you its super scary and a little bit cringey! Definitely give it a go though, it seems to really be taking off as a side to blogging!

    Anoushka Probyn - A London Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check out your vlogs! At the moment I struggle to even talk on Snapchat! For some reason my accent comes out American lol. Best of luck in 2016!

      Delete
  12. Goal #2 has been something on my list for a while too, maybe its time I stop making up those excuses as well, haha! Great post. Xx
    The Style Icon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a tad scary but I'm sure you get used to it - good luck!

      Delete
  13. Love these goals!! You go girl, can't wait to cheer you along!

    xo,
    Sara Kate Styling

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw- these are such great personal growth goals! Congratulations on your engagement and I hope you have a fantastic wedding! Wishing you all the best in 2016!
    xo
    N
    Style Tomes || Style Tomes on Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have an awesome 2016 too!

      Delete
  15. Awesome post! Wish you the best of luck with all your goals and you should definitely start vlogging!

    xo
    http://thepinkporcelaindoll.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post! Happy new year! Can't wait to see how you do with your goals!


    @WanderLustGirls
    www.thewanderlustgirls.com

    ReplyDelete

© ARABELLA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig