Black and Camel: The perfect colour mix

Coat - Hobbs (Similar here), Jumper - Zara, Jeans - Hollister, Shoes - Mango (Similar here), Sunglasses - Rayban

About one year ago I walked into the Zara store in Reading and my eyes were immediately drawn to a gorgeous beige coloured coat; thin lapels, perfect length and just the right shape and fit. This was THE Zara camel coat from the 2014 A/W collection - I saw it, I tried it, I loved it - but I didn't buy it. It was quite a lot of money to spend there and then, I hadn't intended to spend that much money on my trip home from work and so I thought it was sensible to wait until payday and treat myself.
I didn't know at the time that, whilst this Zara was freshly stocked with sizes 6s and 8s, this wasn't to last and for the rest of the season the coat was sold out.

I have mentioned in previous posts about 'the one that got away' and I so I vowed to myself that I wouldn't let it happen again - it is the one item of clothing that will always haunt me! I mean really -I scoured eBay, asked on Twitter, tried all sorts to find one in my size! But the other day I was wondering the designer outlet centre near my house and I something in the window of Hobbs caught my eye as I walked past.... I tugged at my fiancee's jacket and insisted we go in. Unfortunately they didn't have my size but I asked if they wouldn't mind checking the mannequin and voila! my size! I couldn't risk being haunted by a camel coat again and so here I am, with the coat, a very happy blogger and shopper!

I do love camel and black together, there's something so classic about the two, what do you guys think of this simple look? Has there ever been an item that you never bought that you wish you had?




20 comments

  1. Oh I love this! So so chic x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful coat!!!!!
    Kisses

    www.lagattarosablog.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the coat and the look! So classic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post just as your all blog. I think that you are an awesome blogger, and I wish you luck in future! Kisses :* If you want, look my blog and follow me if you like it.You can join in giveaway. <3 http://fdiarybyz.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought my camel coat from Zara, I wonder if it's the one you were talking about. I love this coat though, I agree that camel and black to so well together.

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. Estupendo look, es genial lo que haces, tienes tanta elegancia. Saludos desde El Blog de Boris Estebitan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh I am so obsessed with camel coats lately. I have been searching for the last two months for my perfect match and have found the perfect one two weeks ago (also currently on my blog) and I combined it quite similar to be honest! I love camel with black - it's just such a classy look!

    Sophie xx
    http://basicapparel.de

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a cool chic outfit, Love the coat and your whole look is really amazing! :) have a nice day~!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this simple look! It looks so chic and classy!♥
    xoxo, Sonia!
    CAPTURING MY LIFE blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing look!

    I like the camel coat :)

    Kisses,

    IT GIRL AILÉN

    ReplyDelete
  11. This coat looks perfect on you. It was well worth the hunt. xx

    Champagne Daydream

    ReplyDelete
  12. In love with your camel coat!!
    XO, Jillian
    http://rhymeandreason-jillian.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely post!
    xo
    http://thedemeler.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Black and camel is such a classic combo, you can never go wrong with it. You look so fabulous, simple yet chic!
    xo
    Siffat
    icingandglitter.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was so sad to see the camel coat I wanted from Zara go out of stock - i did the same and waited until next payday but it was sadly too little too late! I have bought a couple of coats since but am yet to find one that is THE ONE! I love the look of this one! There really is something über chic about camel and black. Great post and pictures :)

    ReplyDelete

© ARABELLA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig